It was only a few years ago when I made my first trip to Germany. It was never high on my list of European travel destinations but now after many, many trips I’ve come to love everything about the country and visit multiple times per year. Here are some of my most popular blog posts on Germany:
- Crossing the Berlin Wall
- Berlin at Night
- Beach Bar on The Spree
- A Little Berlin Inspiration
- Sightseeing in Berlin
- Berlin Zoo
- Polar Bear Knut Dies
- Munich and again plus some photos of Munich.
- Munich in Winter
- Tollwood Winter Festival
- Nuremberg’s Christmas Market
- Going Solo in Nuremberg
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Castles in Germany
Where to Stay
When travelling in Germany I usually choose to stay with Accor Hotels. Their hotels range from budget to luxury and depending on the time of the year you are visiting you can get some good deals. Some of the Accor hotels I have stayed in Germany and would recommend include:
- Munich – Sofitel Munich Bayerpost – Beautiful 5 star hotel located at the main train station. Great value if you can get it for under €170.
- Berlin – Suite Novotel Potsdamer Platz – Walking distance to Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie and Kreuzberg (for great food).
- Berlin – Hotel Ibis Berlin City Ost – Budget hotel close to Alexanderplatz and the East Side Gallery.
- Cologne – Novotel Köln City – Has a nice terrace with views of the cathedral and the Rhine.
I recommend boutique hotels when in the following cities which can be booked through Booking.com:
- Frankfurt – Roomers – One of my favourite hotels in Europe. Their gym/sauna/wellness centre is incredible. I highly recommend the water massage bed which is free for guests to use.
- Stuttgart – Arcotel – A boutique hotel just north of the train station.
More on Germany
I travel to and write about Germany on a regular basis so if you would like to be notified when a new travel post is published, please subscribe to to RSS feed.